IQAC Addendum Report click HERE
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell was formed in July 2016 with Dr. Sukhneet Suri as the convener. As recommended by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was formed as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure to internalize and institutionalize quality assurance measures. The objectives of the Cell are :
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The functions of the IQAC Cell are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- d) Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- e) Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- f) Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- g) Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- h) Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- i) Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- j) Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
The present Cell comprises of the following members:
|Internal Core Cell Members||
|§ Dr. Hina Nandrajog (Chairperson)
§ Dr. Sukhneet Suri (Co-ordinator/ Director)
§ Mrs. Anju Nagpal
§ Dr. Vanita Sondhi
§ Dr. Shivantika Sharad
§ Dr. Swati Ranjan Choudhary
§ Mrs. Devika
§ Ms. Meenaxi Lohia
§ Mrs. Rajni Jindal (Sr. Admin Officer)
§ Mr. Kapil Tomar (Sr. Admin Officer)
|§ Dr. S.S. Ghonkrokta (IAS, Retd.)
§ Dr Kumud Khanna (Former Director, Institute of Home Economics)
§ Dr Sukrita Paul Kumar (Former Aruna Asaf Ali Chair)
§ Prof. Seema Bawa (Treasurer, GB, Vivekananda College)
§ Mr. Vivek Sagar (Parent; Chief Technology Officer, Amazon Payment)
§ Ms. Shruti (Aluminus)
Salient IQAC Initiatives
- North-East Project:
In order to sensitize all students about the north-eastern regions of our country and make the learning environment more comfortable for the students hailing from these regions, this project was floated. Under it, one exhibition and one cultural festival would be held once every academic year. Further, language classes would be held for the students migrating from the north-eastern regions. Under this project a Fashion show and cultural programme was held on 10th Feb 2017 and an intercollege North-East folk dance competitions on 15th Feb 2017
- Abilities (…..exploring…..aspiring……achieving ) – A Project for differently abled:
The Enabling Cell was involved in the decision making process of creating a user-friendly campus for differently abled persons. The Enabling Cell was therefore requested to submit a brief report giving suggestions on making the building more user-friendly for persons with disabilities keeping in mind the “Guidelines for Persons with Disability Schemes in Colleges UGC XII Plan (2012-2017)”
- For the faculty –by the faculty initiative for faculty enrichment: An endeavour for enrichment of teaching faculty got a head start with an introductory talk on “Counselling and Mentoring of College Students” by Dr Arpana Beniwal and Dr Shivantika Sharad of Applied Psychology department on 14-02-2016.
- Two day workshop “Quality Assurance in College Administration”: To facilitate computer literacy among administrative members of the college, the Department of Computer Science organized a two day workshop.