The National Service Scheme celebrates the virtues of selfless devotion towards the community and the virtue of giving. The college has a vibrant N.S.S. organization that carries out activities throughout the year. It is sponsored by the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs. The activities are organized at the college and community level under the guidance of a Teacher Coordinator. A voluntary body of students interested in the well-being of the society, the college campus has over 200 students registered with the NSS who enthusiastically participate in and conduct workshops on diverse topics. Blood Donation Camps, events such as “Save the Girl Child”, awareness programs on female feticide, rally against usage of drugs, eye-test camps, personality development programs, donation camps/charity programs for underprivileged, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan program, National Voter’s day are some of the events organized by the NSS over the years. They have also enthusiastically volunteered to counsel the fresher’s going through the admission process and been active during the 1st and 2nd phase of the Odd-Even policy of Delhi Government to reduce pollution, asking people to follow the rules and engaging them with the rising concerns of the environmental degradation. They’ve held a workshop on Crime Against Women and Girls, and have been avid participants at inter and intra-college events.
Various NSS activities :-
- A Report on Swachhta Pakhwara
- A Report on Voter Awareness Forum
- Report on Exhibition cum Demonstration Competition
- Report on NSS Rally
- Report on Self Defence program
- Report on Swachhta Pakhwada
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Safai q Aur kaise)
2020-2021: NSS Officer: Dr. Sandhya Jain. Various curricular and co-curricular activities were organized. A detailed report and activities conducted during this period are.
Name of Office Bearers:-
NSS Programme Officer – Dr. Sandhya Jain, Department of Mathematics
Name Post Course
1. Prithika Rastogi President B.Com.(P) 3rd year
2. Aditi Pandey Vice-President B.A. (H) History 3rd year
3. Muskan Secretary B.A. (H) History 3rd year
4. Aswathy Vijay Treasurer B.Com.(P) 2nd year
- 2019-2020: NSS Officer: Dr. Sandhya Jain. Under the Swachhta Pakhwara programme, a campaign to clean the college premises was organized from 2-14 August 2019. NSS volunteers participated in Fit India Movement at Indira Gandhi Stadium Complex on 29th August 2019. A blood donation camp was organized in collaboration with Lions Blood Bank on 2nd October 2019.
- 2018-2019: NSS Officer: Dr. Swati R. Choudhary. On 10th August 2018 NSS volunteers took out a rally in the college for cleanliness campaign. An exhibition cum demonstration campaign on the topic “Safai Kyon? Aur Kaise” was organized on 18th September 2018. Under Shakti Abhiyaan, NSS organized a three-day Self Defence programme in collaboration with Delhi Police from 9th-11th October 2018.
- 2017-2018: NSS Officer: Dr. Yojna Kalia. A workshop on Road Safety was organized on 19th September 2017 in association with Road Safety Cell. A self-defence programme was conducted in collaboration with Delhi Police and Lions Club from 20th December 2017 to 5th January 2018. A workshop on Drug Addiction was organized on 12th January 2018 by All India Women’s Education Fund Association. A campaign called Mashal on social awareness was carried out by students from 25-31 March 2018 with the support of NGOs and self-help groups such as Noble Souls, SEWA Bharti, Sahyog, Umeed and Patriotic India Foundation. A workshop under Teach India Project of the the Times India Group on 10th November 2017 was organized. A National Integration Camp in Rohru, Himachal Pradesh was organized from 6-12 October 2017. On 29th September 2017, NSS along with its volunteers took out on Keep India Clean.